Sunday, May 18, 2014

A quick update and Solo Heroes

It has been a month since my last update! May has been a busy month at work, meaning not much free time for tabletop gaming. On the other hand, I have been reading some books and setting up a couple of games that hopefully I will be able to play soon...

Among those books, I have read the free Black Streams: Solo Heroes from Sine Nomine Publishing, which is a guide to adapting the rules from old school OGL-based RPG systems for solo play. They mostly tackle the problem of survivability of single, low-level heroes in those games. The adjustments are interesting and have convinced me to put their Scarlet Heroes RPG in my shopping list. Although it is meant to allow a single player to game with a game master, the advice should work well for solo dungeon crawling too.

I also have noticed that recently Crusader Publishing has been adding their games to WargameVault. Does anyone have information on their games Crusader and Legions of Battle? I could not find any reviews.

1 comment:

Slorm said...

Thanks for the link, it is very useful, I don't plan to play Old School but I friend of mine is a fanatic