Saturday, May 16, 2015

Paper starships

Although I have recently ordered two Full Thrust starter kits from Ground Zero Games, I wanted to try my hand at making some paper, or otherwise scratch-built starships. Here are the results. The bases are made of black foamcore, the flight posts are toothpicks painted black. The ships on the left are made of folded paper, printed and colored with pencils. The two on the right are made with thick cardstock and toothpicks, and painted with acrylic paints.


Here are close ups of each set of ships. First the paper ones. I made the greenish one a while ago and posted it at the Cardboard Warriors forum. I made the other ones to try this other style but the result is quite fiddly to fold properly and to glue to the base.


And here are the scratch-built ones. These were cut without any previous planning. Based on the results, I intend to make a few templates so that I can have two squadrons to play. Even after I get the metal ones, I will probably still use them together.


Lastly, here is a shot of some movement and turn templates I made for Full Thrust, inspired by the maneuver tools from the X-Wing miniatures game. This are just a half disk with 30 degree increments and a straight rectangle with 1 and 1/2 inch increments.


4 comments:

Kurt said...

very cool.

Kurt

psborsuk said...

You play vector or cinematic?

Ricardo Nakamura said...

Hi! I use the cinematic movement system, haven't tried vector movement yet...

psborsuk said...

I play on vector movemant only. It's the best in my opinion. There are some relations on my blog, only in polish unfortunately.